Poor Jurgen Klopp. The Liverpool boss said he felt “pretty alone” as Reds fans headed to the Anfield exits towards to the end of their 2-1 loss to Crystal Palace.
It’s enough to make you want to stand staring into the middle distance and ponder the meaning of life.
Here, with some words of wisdom from some of the world’s great minds, are some pictures of Klopp at his most solitary…
1. “Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible poverty.” Mother Teresa
2. “The most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured.” Kurt Vonnegut
3. “Loneliness comes with life.” Whitney Houston
4. “Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a god.” Aristotle
5. “I have so many different personalities in me and I still feel lonely.” Tori Amos
6. “It is strange to be known so universally and yet to be so lonely.” Albert Einstein
7. “I think everybody feels lonely and trapped sometimes. I would think it’s more or less the norm.” Wes Anderson
8. “You can be around 100 people and be completely alone. People don’t realise what it’s really like.” Lenny Kravitz
9. “Life is full of misery, loneliness, and suffering – and it’s all over much too soon.” Woody Allen